X-Doria Defense Trek AirPods Case
- Looks great
- Provides good protection for AirPods
- Reasonably priced
- A little heavy
- AirPod charge case sticks in the protective case
Great defense for AirPods and their charging case.
I’ve been a fan of the Apple AirPods since they were released. I love how well that work into the Apple Ecosystem and that they are a true companion for the iPhone and iPad. The only real shortcoming I saw from them was the case and how it’s not really adventure proof. There are plenty of phone cases you can put the iPhone into for outdoor activities, but not the AirPods. Thankfully, X-Doria, one of my favorite companies for rugged cases, realized this was a missing piece for Apple fans and they created the Defense Trek AirPods Case.
The Defense Trek AirPods Case is designed to provide heavy-duty protection for your AirPods. The case is made with a combination of
SPECS & FEATURES
- Compatible with both AirPods 1 and AirPods 2.
- Convenient portability with carabiner. Detachable carabiner is included with case to provide the ability to safely attach your AirPods case to carrying bags, travel carriers, pants or pockets.
- Wireless charging compatible, while still being able to access the sync button and lightning charger port if necessary.
- Made of selected premium material, with a hard polycarbonate shell for protection.
- Simple one-piece construction means no tools or screws required for your AirPods.
- Lifetime warranty
Over the past few years, I’ve had the pleasure of trying out the Defense cases for iPhone that X-Doria creates and I’ve always been incredibly impressed with them. They provide a higher level of protection than most defense-style cases and are made with premium materials. X-Doria took the same design concepts and applied it to the Defense Trek for the AirPods.
The case comes in a simple, but
Installing the AirPod charging case into the Defense Trek isn’t particularly difficult, but taking it out is a little tricky because it’s such a tight fit. I like how accessible the AirPods are inside this protective case and even though you are adding a layer to the existing charging case it doesn’t feel bulky. I did notice the weight difference, but it wasn’t so much that I didn’t want to carry the AirPods around. The carabiner that is included is really helpful and heavier weight than some other carabiner options I’ve seen on other AirPod cases. I have accidentally dropped the AirPods a couple of times since I put them in the Defense Trek case and I haven’t noticed any damage or issues with the earbuds.
The Defense Trek is a really nice option for a heavy-duty protective case for your AirPods. It is easy to install and looks great with the design of the standard AirPod charging case. I’m really a pretty big fan of this case and I think X-Doria did a really nice job with the design of it.