After a successful presale campaign, Waverly Labs has begun fulfilling backer orders and released additional early units on its website before winter commercial launch
Waverly Labs, pioneers of smart earpiece translators, announced today that it has started to roll out its most sophisticated interpretation device to date, Ambassador Interpreter, and is currently shipping to its presale backers. The company is also offering a limited release of the worn over-the-ear translator on its website prior to its official commercial launch this winter.
Ambassador Interpreter is a powerful, shareable tool that provides prosumers with highly accurate and natural translations. It is compatible with 20 languages and 42 dialects, and translations can be delivered via over-the-ear audio, text on a smart app and broadcasted live in a conference environment. It was first introduced in May 2019 during its successful presale launch that was backed by over 5,000 people and raised more than $700,000. After refining and finalizing the over-the-ear translator over the last year, production has commenced and Ambassador Interpreter units have started to ship to presale backers.
“When we first announced Ambassador Interpreter last year, we were overwhelmed with the positive response from consumers and realized we were filling a major need for seamless, accurate and safe translation options,” said Andrew Ochoa, CEO and founder of Waverly Labs. “We’ve been working tirelessly to test and finalize Ambassador over the last year and are thrilled with the final product. We are getting units to our early backers and supporters now and look forward to making Ambassador fully commercially available later this winter.”
Fast, Fluid and Fluent
While translation apps and handheld devices are able to handle short, occasional translations, they are not ideal for ongoing fluid conversations with people conversing in a natural and unimpaired way. Ambassador Interpreter is a sophisticated high-grade translation tool that addresses this unmet need.
It uses an advanced far-field microphone array combined with speech recognition neural networks to capture speech with astounding levels of clarity. It then seamlessly processes speech with cloud-based machine translation engines to deliver, fast, fluid and highly accurate translations. Its three modes offer personal, group and one-on-one translations:
- Listen mode: This mode provides seamless personal translations. It actively listens for someone speaking in the selected language taking place around it (within 2.5 meters/8 feet) and will automatically translate to the user in their native language. Translations are delivered audibly within the device and as text with the accompanying app.
- Lecture mode: In this mode, Ambassador Interpreter will broadcast the words of a speaker wearing the device to multiple people in a lecture, conference, or group setting. Once selected, Ambassador Interpreter will capture the speech of the user and stream audio translations to their smartphone, which can be played over its loudspeaker or paired to any audio system.
- Converse mode: This mode allows users to engage in two way communications while each is wearing an Ambassador device. In this configuration, people can partake in fluid natural conversations with up to four participants, as multiple Ambassador Interpreter units can be paired with a single smartphone.
A Shareable Versatile Tool
Ambassador Interpreter is extremely easy-to-use and can be set up in moments. To begin, users pair their Ambassador devices to their smartphone using its iOS and Android app. The intuitive app also allows users to select and switch between the languages they wish to detect and interpret, which can be changed in seconds.
The speed of control and hygienic, over-the-ear-design of Ambassador Interpreter combined with the fact that multiple Ambassador units can be paired with one smartphone, makes it easily shareable and adaptable to a wide range of professional uses including during meetings, lectures/conferences, and training sessions. It is also the perfect accessory during international travels and when communicating with friends and family members that have different levels of language fluency.
Availability and Technical Specifications
Sold in packs of two, Ambassador Interpreter boasts the following features and capabilities:
- Audio and text translations offered for over 20 languages and 42 dialects: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Greek, Russian, Hindi, Turkish, Polish, Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese and Dutch
- Three translation modes: Listen/Lecture/Converse
- Design: Large over-the-ear shell form-factor allows units to be easily and hygienically shared between users. Available in black and wine red color options.
- Large microphone array: Two mics work in tandem to capture speech up to 2.5 meters away
- Multiple sync options: Up to four Ambassador units may be paired with one smartphone
- Colors: Black & Wine Red
- Continuous listening, as well as Click-to-Talk and listen to settings
Ambassador Interpreter is currently being shipped to its presale backers. A limited number of units are also currently available on www.waverlylabs.com, with early bird pricing starting at $179. Full commercial availability of Ambassador Interpreter will begin in winter 2020 with pricing starting at $199.