Vimala: Defense Warlords is an enjoyable tower defense-style game.
Tower Defense video games date back to the early 90s and have continued to evolve and grow into the mobile genre. MassHive Media has just released a new iOS game in this classic style called Vimala: Defense Warlords. Vimala actually reminds me a lot of Command & Conquer style games in that you are trying to take over different locations on a map before your opponent can. Vimala was inspired by Brigandine, a classic PlayStation-era strategy game. As the commander of your troops, you can recruit new Heroes and other units to expand your kingdom. Resource management is the key strategy in Vimala.
“Vimala is Brigandine for a new generation of gamers. Our goal was to revitalize the tower defense genre by introducing RPG-like combat, going for depth—leveling up both Heroes and units, for example—and adding some really fun 6v6 skirmish gameplay every time players need to attack or defend a fortress. Fans of strategy and tower defense games will find a lot to like in Vimala,” Anggia Lestari, founder and CEO of MassHive Media.
- Upgrade and defend your capital
- Build up your kingdom by capturing enemy fortresses and expanding your territory
- Create your own battle formations for each individual encounter
- Face enemies in 6v6 turn-based combat
- Unlock 8+ unique Heroes
- Collect 40+ items and fully equip your characters and units
- Experience endless waves of enemies in Dungeon Mode
- There are two main game modes: Skirmish Mode and Dungeon Mode. Skirmish Mode is the strategic tower defense game mode. This is the classic game methods that most tower defense players will be familiar with. The Dungeon Mode is an endless battle game mode.
Once I got used to the gameplay and controls of Vimala, I really enjoyed it. I will admit that I don’t typically seek out the tower defense games, but I really enjoyed pursuing the enemies into battle and the feel of the fights. One of the unique parts of Vimala is the weather factor. There is a weather clock that is its own character within Vimala. The Weather Clock lets players know when the different weather events are about to happen. For example, acid rain, snowstorms and volcanic rain are all potential weather events that could effect the outcome of your battles. Acid Rain can poison and therefore, lower your defenses during battle. It’s a very intriguing aspect of the game.
Vimala: Defense Warlords is free to download with in-app purchases available. There are also in-app advertisements that pop-up from time to time. Vimala is available for iPad only. For more information, visit http://www.masshive-media.com/products.