Tapbots refreshes the popular Twitter client for Mac.
Award-winning, Tweetbot, received a much-needed update today when developer Tapbots launched Tweetbot 3 for Mac. Tweetbot 3 features a user-friendly interface complete with light & dark themes as well as multiple-column support. Some of the most notable new features include a brand new icon for the app, accessibility improvements, and expanded sidebar. The newest version of Tweetbot is available for $9.99 and unfortunately, Tapbots is not offering it as a free upgrade to existing users. The app only needs 5.5MB of hard drive space for download. A full list of features is included below.
- Expandable Sidebar: Tweetbot’s new optional expanded sidebar provides one-click access to all of your subsections like lists, direct message conversations, and saved searches.
- Drag & Drop Columns: Columns have been redesigned from the ground up to be faster and easier to use. Just drag the column circle to the right to add columns and back to the left to hide them. Columns persist even when hidden.
- Better Media: Automatically play videos and GIFs in your timeline with a quick mouseover. A click on media opens it up in our lightning fast new media viewer.
- Dark Theme: Your eyes will appreciate the new dark theme in low light situations. And the images and video in your timeline will love the extra attention.
- Timeline Filters: The powerful timeline filters from Tweetbot for iOS are finally on the Mac. Quickly filter a timeline to show only tweets with media, retweets, links, or create your own keyword or rules-based filters.
- Mute Filters: Hide Tweets in your timelines by specific users, keywords, hashtags, or even the client that published the Tweet. Create limited time filters to avoid spoilers for upcoming blockbuster movies or sporting events.
- Lists: Full support for managing your Twitter lists. Use them as custom curated timelines or even as your main timeline.
- Notifications: View your mentions and activity in a combined view or separately under the new notifications tab.
- iCloud Sync: Tweetbot for Mac syncs your read position and much more with Tweetbot for iOS so your experience is seamless when switching from desktop to mobile and vice versa.
- Tweet Topics: Topics automatically chain together multiple Tweets to easily create tweetstorms or liveblog events.
- Full Screen: Open Tweetbot fullscreen with columns for a command center-like Twitter experience.
- Multiple Accounts: Quickly switch between multiple accounts via the quick account picker, menu bar or keyboard shortcuts. Open them in separate windows or full-screen spaces.
- Profile Notes: Ever forget why you followed someone or wanted to jot notes on a user for future reference? Create notes on a user’s profile that only you can see.
- Quick Paste Links: Paste Tweet or profile web links directly into Tweetbot to view them instantly.
DOWNLOAD Mac App Store – $9.99