ScreenFlow 5.0 will be released by Telestream, a leading provider of digital media tools.
Telestream announced the release date of ScreenFlow 5.0 for Mac. ScreenFlow is a screen casting and video editing software that boasts many awards and positive reviews. This update brings several new features including direct recording from iOS devices, enhanced ease of use, improved media management and new publishing capabilities. ScreenFlow allows educators, app developers and marketers to create high-quality, computer-based tutorials, presentations and demos with ease. With ScreenFlow you can:
- Record. Records content from anywhere, including webcams, external cameras, computer desktops and now iOS devices.
- Edit. Includes a powerful, intuitive editor for both recorded content and clips. Users can easily edit their videos while adding captions, titles, transitions, zooms, picture-in-picture, and chroma key effects.
- Share. Equipped with many integrated publishing options to share content with just a few clicks.
In addition to being able to record directly from an iOS device, ScreenFlow 5.0 also includes a new “Touch Callouts” capability that mimic finger gestures to help guide viewers. Action templates let users save popular actions for repeated use and color labels on clips and markers help keep media organized. iPhone and the iTunes libraries are now accessible through ScreenFlow’s Media Library, too.
“Many of the new features in ScreenFlow 5.0 were developed from direct requests from our loyal customer base,” said Barbara DeHart, vice president of desktop business at Telestream. “As a result, recording directly from an iOS device and direct publishing to Wistia were key development goals for this new release.”
Additional features in ScreenFlow 5.0:
- Recording monitor
- Ability to add markers while recording
- Rolling edits
- Import SRT files
- Native support for MPEG Transport Stream/AVCHD file format
- Customized recording frame rate
- Telestream Media Framework (TMF) for enhanced playback and performance
ScreenFlow 5.0 will be available from the Telestream store in early November for $99. Customers who have previously purchased ScreenFlow on telestream.net can purchase an upgrade for $34. More information and a free trial are available at www.telestream.net/screenflow.