Storm keeps your eye on the sky.
I rely on weather apps to keep me informed about weather activity throughout the day. I live in the midwest where weather can change in the blink of an eye. Here, it’s important to stay informed and ahead of the weather. That’s why I like Storm by Weather Underground.
Storm is a real-time weather tracking app that includes a high definition radar and advanced storm cell tracking and severe weather alerts. With this app, you can view current conditions and forecasts – hourly or daily. Some of the key features of Storm include:
- The highest resolution (250m) radar showing interactive animations for past and future data
- Single site sweeping radar: get near real-time data from each site, with options for viewing both reflectivity and velocity
- Storm Tracks: keep an eye on the storm using the most advanced severe weather algorithms available
- Push notifications and in-app alerts for precipitation, lightning, and detailed NWS polygonal warnings within a customizable radius
Hyper-local weather data powered by Weather Underground’s network of over 100,000 personal weather stations
- Full screen map with customizable data layers including: animated surface and jet stream level winds, earthquakes, fronts, tropical data, severe weather alerts, and more
- Tap or swipe up on current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts to view more detailed weather data in list or graph view
- Additional in-app subscriptions for removal of ads
- Social weather: share the storm tracking and radar data with your friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter
- Today widget for iOS 8 showing real-time alerts for lightning, precipitation, and NWS updates
This time of year, I’ve really been watching the weather like a hawk. There are so many false reports and suggested precipitation totals that I just like to keep an eye on it myself rather than just listening to the news. I’ve actually had about 5 different weather apps on my iPhone at one time and Storm has provided the easiest way to review weather reports and forecasts. Plus, Weather Underground has a good reputation for good weather reports.
I can really recommend this app because it is easy to find the information you are looking for and move on with your day. Storm by Weather Underground is available for iPhone and iPad and is a free download. There is an in-app purchase upgrade to remove ads for one year.
For more information, visit http://www.wunderground.com/storm.