Integration Allows Alexa-Enabled Devices to Lock and Check the Status of a User’s Front Door
Schlage®, a brand of Allegion® that has been creating stylish, innovative door hardware for more than 95 years, today announced it will provide voice activation accessibility to its Schlage Connect™ Touchscreen Deadbolt via Amazon Alexa. This added level of functionality enables consumers to utilize Alexa-enabled devices, such as Amazon Echo, to lock or check the status of their door via a Wink or Samsung SmartThings hub from the convenience of a living room, bedroom or kitchen.
This latest addition in the brand’s smart home portfolio of products not only builds upon its legacy of producing strong, secure and smart locks, but also offers consumers the peace of mind and convenience, knowing their homes are always locked and protected. This legacy and commitment remains true with Alexa-enabled devices, therefore consumers must directly unlock a home or add and delete user codes, rather than relying on third-party components at this time.
“Smart home technology is all about incrementalism, whether it’s consumer adoption or brands integrating with mega-technology platforms,” said Rob Martens, futurist and vice president of strategy and partnerships at Allegion. “Schlage is committed to providing the ultimate security and convenience, and we are proud to now integrate with Alexa to provide consumers with added convenience through Alexa-enabled devices.”
The multi-function Schlage Connect™ Touchscreen Deadbolt contains several convenient features that unlock the true power of a smart home by enabling homeowners to never have to worry about losing, hiding, carrying or forgetting keys, including:
- One-touch locking functionality
- Fingerprint-resistant touchscreen that ensures access code numbers won’t wear and become detectable after repeated use
- A slim exterior that prevents interference with storm doors
- An anti-pick shield that protects the lock against tampering
- Ability to hold up to 30 unique codes that can be tailored to specific days and times for the week, allowing users to track movement in and out of the home
- Offers customizable security with three unique alarm modes engineered to sense vibrations at the door and immediately alerts consumers with an audible alarm
- Graded Best in Security, Durability and Finish, receiving a AAA – the highest residential grading awarded on the market by the Builders Hardware Manufactures Association (BHMA)
These new integrations come as an addition to the Schlage Connect™ Touchscreen Deadbolt’s existing compatibility with Z-Wave®, which allows homeowners to manage their home from anywhere using an internet-connected smartphone, tablet or computer. Schlage’s Connect is compatible with the most trusted smart home platforms, making it one of the most versatile smart locks on the market. These integrations allow Connect to interact with a variety of connected products and empower a wide array of consumers to add the lock to their smart home mix.