First Third-Party Sound Bar Fully Functional with Amazon’s Multi-Room Music Ecosystem
Polk Audio Announces Amazon Alexa-Enabled Command Bar is the first third-party sound bar fully functional with Amazon’s multi-room music (MRM) ecosystem. The new functionality enables people to group the Command Bar with all MRM-enabled devices, including Amazon’s Echo products and beyond, to create a whole-home audio network for multi-room listening. Polk Audio’s Command Bar is available now for $299.95 at PolkAudio.com and Amazon.com.
“The Polk Command Bar with Alexa built-in already sounds awesome and functions as an incredibly simple and convenient way to access music, movies, TV, and other content in your home entertainment center via voice. Now with the addition of Multi-Room Music, users can easily group the Command Bar with other MRM-enabled or Alexa devices, regardless of brand, to distribute great-sounding audio content anywhere throughout the home.”
The Polk Command Bar delivers the power and convenience of Amazon Alexa in a superior home theater solution that produces loud, rich audio ideal for movies, music and wireless music streaming. It boasts integrated far-field microphones atop the sound bar to easily control master volume, mute, bass, sound modes, and source selection with voice commands through the Polk Connect Skill.
Featuring Polk Audio’s performance-tuned drivers, the Polk Command Bar is loaded with two 1.25 x 3.25-inch full-range drivers, two 1-inch tweeters and a ported, wireless 6.5-inch subwoofer for big, dynamic sound. Despite its powerful driver arrangement, the Polk Command Bar’s optimized far-field microphone array enables customers to easily ask Alexa to share the time, weather, set alarms, tell jokes, or turn on the lights from anywhere in the home theater.
Polk Audio Command Bar Details:
- Amazon Fire TV Compatible—The Polk Command Bar boasts HDMI ports custom designed to fit Fire TV devices and other wide HDMI streaming devices. A built-in USB port can also power compatible Fire TV devices.
- Amazon Alexa Voice Control—Customers can simply ask Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more. The Polk Command Bar also features Universal control via HDMI CEC, IR Remote and Alexa voice commands. Alexa is always getting smarter and the Polk Command Bar receives automated over-the-air updates to provide customers access to new services and features.
- Connectivity—Polk Audio’s Command Bar is Wi-Fi-and Bluetooth®-enabled and has a full suite of wired inputs, two built-in 4K HDMI 2.0b inputs (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HDCP 2.2 compliant), one HDMI (ARC) output and optical input for TV audio. It also ships with both HDMI and optical cables.
- Polk Voice Adjust™ for Crystal Clear Dialogue—Polk’s proprietary dialogue-enhancing technology, VoiceAdjust, allows consumers to isolate and adjust the voice channel for clear, crisp vocals.
- 4K TV Compatible—Works with 4K and HDTVs—plus, built-in dual HDMI 2.0b inputs ensure 4K HDR content looks great.
- Polk Smart Remote Compatibility: Whether connecting via Optical or HDMI cable, Polk Command Bar features built-in support for popular IR TV remotes from Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio. It is also compatible with most CEC-enabled TVs.
- Optimized Sound Modes—The Polk Command Bar is outfitted with several preset sound modes for Night, Movies, Music, and Sports, which optimize the sound bar and subwoofer levels to ensure owners get the clearest dialogue, big room-filling sound and deep bass.
- Simple Mounting—Designed for both tabletop and wall-mounting with built-in keyholes slots, the Polk Command Bar is easily mountable anywhere in the living room.