Polar Expands Their Gold-Standard Heart Rate Portfolio with Their Newest Sensor: Polar H9
Polar, the leader in heart rate technology for more than 40 years introduces Polar H9, the brand’s newest heart rate sensor featuring the most trusted and accurate heart rate technology on the market. Joining the professional-grade Polar H10 monitor and Polar OH1+ optical heart rate sensor, Polar H9 provides a feature-rich package combined with great performance and an affordable price, perfect for entry-level users.
When it comes to heart rate, accuracy is extremely important. For decades, Polar has been the gold standard of heart rate measurement. Professional teams and athletes, medical professionals, educational institutions, scientists and sports leagues trust Polar to measure the most accurate data. With the introduction of Polar H9, the brand’s growing sensor portfolio now includes:
- Polar H10, the most accurate heart rate sensor in Polar’s history and the go-to choice for professionals. H10 offers a dual BLE connection, memory storage, accelerometer data and a pro strap with additional electrodes.
- Polar H9, the newest addition to Polar’s family of products, offers high-quality accuracy with entry-level features for beginners and a more accessible price point.
- Polar OH1+, an optical heart rate monitor that combines versatility, comfort, and simplicity.
“Accuracy is not a commodity and it cannot be compromised, but consumers aren’t aware of what a difference it makes,” says Tom Fowler, President of Polar U.S. “What sets Polar apart from everyone else is that nearly 800 whitepapers cite our sensors as the heart rate baseline; national federations, sports scientists, professional athletes, and teams are customers of Polar. We don’t flaunt big names in advertising or on our packaging because those athletes and teams aren’t attached to sponsorship dollars; they’re Polar customers. They choose Polar because they know we’re the best – not because we’ve paid them – and that speaks volumes to our products, technology and trusted heart rate heritage.”
Polar H9 takes the essentials from H10 to provide an accurate and reliable heart rate sensor at an affordable price. Perfect for regular trainers, casual runners and cyclists who want to start measuring their heart rate and calories, H9 features:
- Multiple connectivity options via Bluetooth, ANT+ and 5kHz
- Connectivity with the free Polar Beat app, which provides real-time heart rate monitoring, lets users set training targets and receive live voice guidance, and provides a post-workout analysis. Users can also access the free Polar Flow app and web service to view long- term progress and go in-depth with data
- Compatibility with a variety of GPS watches as well as smartphone apps including Nike Run Club, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Zwift, TrainerRoad, and The Sufferfest
- Connectivity for clubs and club members utilizing 5kHz and ANT+ gym equipment
- Extended battery life, up to one year when training one hour per day
- SDK compatibility, making H9 an easy-to-use solution for SDK and B2B partners
Polar H9 is available today at polar.com for $59.95 in black, sizes XS-S and M-XXL.