Pixelmator Pro 3.3 Mosaic brings an all-new Remove Color adjustment for quickly removing color from images and even videos, powerful Clarity, Selective Clarity, and Texture adjustments for intelligently enhancing fine details in images, new stroke styles and more options for customizing strokes, new ways to save edits using sidecar files, and a whole lot more.
- Powered by a state-of-the-art Texture-Aware Algorithm, the Remove Color adjustment lets you remove solid colors or entire color ranges from images and videos with remarkable quality and ease.
- Simply pick a color you want to remove using the color picker and watch it instantly disappear.
- Adjust how much of the selected color is removed using Color Range, Luminance Range, and Intensity sliders.
- When removing background color in videos, use the Remove Color adjustment together with the Replace Color adjustment to get ultra-high-quality results.
Texture-Aware Color Adjustments
- Enjoy texture-aware Shadows, Highlights, Exposure, and Brightness adjustments and two new – Clarity and Texture – adjustments in the renewed Basic color adjustments group.
- Recover much more detail from underexposed or overexposed photos with updated Shadows and Highlights adjustments.
- Increase Clarity to subtly enhance image texture and colors, making the image look sharper and clearer overall, or reduce clarity to make the image look smoother.
- Increase Texture to subtly add contrast to images, making fine detail pop, or reduce texture to smooth out the image.
- Adjust fine detail exclusively in the shadows, midtones, and highlights with the new Selective Clarity adjustment.
- Create beautiful custom outlines around images and shapes with the all-new stroke customization options and a collection of built-in stroke styles.
- In the Stroke style settings, find the new Stroke Options pop-up menu with options for creating and saving custom stroke styles.
- Use the new options to change stroke alignment, apply different stroke cap styles including Butt, Round, or Square, select a square, round or beveled style for stroke corners, create dashed lines, and more.
- Find a collection of popular stroke endpoint styles, including open and closed arrowheads, diamond, square, and more.
- Scale endpoints together or individually using endpoint scaling options.
- In the new Stroke Styles pop-up menu, find 7 built-in stroke presets to immediately use in your designs.
- To save your own custom designs as presets, click the Add button at the top right corner of the Stroke Styles menu.
Sidecar Files Support
- Thanks to the new sidecar feature, you can now open and edit images in their original file format, and then save them back to the same file format while preserving all nondestructive edits and layers.
- Sidecar files are stored in iCloud or the Pictures folder on your Mac, separately from the original image.
- You can also save any new document to JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WebP, and HEIC and preserve the edits.
- Easily save images opened from Photos back to the Photos library with layers and edits by choosing File > Modify Original in Photos.
- Continue editing the modified images in Photos using the Pixelmator Pro extension.
- Find, manage, and delete sidecar files in the Manage Files menu.
- Turn automatic document saving and macOS Versions on and off by selecting or deselecting Use Auto Save and Versions.
- Find the new Editing options in Pixelmator Pro Settings.
- Fill layers with custom patterns and adjust their scale, angle, and opacity, using the new Pattern fill style.
- Search and access all Pixelmator Pro tutorials straight from the Help menu.
- Applying LUTs, color adjustments, effects, and auto color adjustments to videos using Shortcuts are now supported.
For more information, visit pixelmator.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
About Pixelmator Pro
Founded in 2007 by two brothers, Saulius Dailide and Aidas Dailide, the Pixelmator Team develops Pixelmator — the world’s most innovative image editing app for Mac and iOS. Since the very first day, the Pixelmator Team’s goal has always been very simple — to make the best image editing app that anyone could use and enjoy.
Pixelmator has been honored with numerous awards, such as the Mac App of the Year award in 2018 and 2011, the iPad App of the Year award in 2014, and many more. Pixelmator for iPad was featured at the Apple Special Event in October 2014.