Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney brings full support for macOS High Sierra
The Pixelmator Team today released Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney, a major update to its full-featured, powerful, and fast image editing app for Mac. Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney brings full support for macOS High Sierra, adds the ability to launch Pixelmator from the Photos app and save edits back to your original image, features support for importing HEIF images, and more.
[box] “People love using Pixelmator on the Mac, and one of the biggest reasons is its extensive integration with macOS,” said Saulius Dailide, one of the founders of the Pixelmator Team. “And with Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney, we think users are really going to love the much more seamless experience of launching Pixelmator right from the Photos app and automatically saving changes back to the same image in the Photos library.”[/box]
You can now launch Pixelmator directly from the Photos app — any edits you make will be automatically saved to your original image in the Photos library. In addition, the option to edit with Pixelmator appears automatically in the Photos Image menu as soon as Pixelmator is installed or updated for a completely effortless experience.
With support for HEIF images, Pixelmator users can import images shot on the latest iPhone models, including iPhone X. HEIF, the High-Efficiency Image File Format, is a new, much more efficient format that reduces file sizes without sacrificing quality and is used as the default on all the latest iPhone models, starting with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney also includes improvements to the Repair Tool algorithm, which make it faster and more accurate, improved support for PSD images, and a number of other improvements and fixes.
What’s New in Version 3.7
- Pixelmator is now fully compatible with macOS High Sierra.
- Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save your edits back to the original image in your library.
- Support for importing HEIF images.
- Improvements to the Repair Tool algorithm make the Repair Tool faster and more accurate.
- The Pixelmator extensions for the Photos app would quit unexpectedly on certain newer Mac computers. Fixed.
- The Quick Selection Tool’s live preview would appear in the lower left corner of the image. It’s back to where it should be.
- The Pixelmator Change Type of Images Automator action would not convert files to PSD. Fixed.
- Improved support for Photoshop images.
- Rulers would sometimes disappear when editing text. Fixed.
- It was not possible to drag and drop images from Safari and Photos directly into Pixelmator documents. Drag and drop is back.
DOWNLOAD – Pixelmator for Mac – $29.99