OWC U2 Shuttle enables new capability, flexibility, and performance, enabling the use of up to four NVMe M.2 SSDs into a swappable, high capacity, flexible, and RAID-ready storage module
OWC®, the premier zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company, and a respected provider of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions and performance upgrade kits announces the OWC U2 Shuttle as the world’s first U.2 carrier shuttle for 3.5” drive bays that combines four NVMe M.2 SSDs. It offers video editors, audio producers, photographers, and graphic designers everything they’ve always wanted in a multiple blade SSD: blistering speed, massive capacity, RAID-ready flexibility, and swappable convenience. The OWC U2 Shuttle can be used with U.2 port-equipped PCs and servers, as well as OWC storage and PCIe expansion solutions
With four NVMe SSDs the OWC U2 Shuttle gives you more RAID options than a dual drive enclosure or adapter card. Now you can harness the power of RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, or 10 via your choice of hardware cards or RAID utilities including SoftRAID, the easiest to use, most fully featured software RAID package available. This powerful and intuitive software RAID utility offers maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes.
Available preconfigured with OWC’s Aura Pro NVMe SSDs, the OWC U2 Shuttle are optimized for the best and longest working life. From running double checks on data and correcting errors to ensuring the uniform use of its flash media, Aura equipped U2 Shuttles are calibrated for endurance as a factory pre-set. You can also add your own NVMe M.2 2280 SSDs to create a custom configuration for your particular need.
OWC U2 Shuttle Highlights
- Configurable: Choose from preconfigured solutions or add your own NVMe M.2 2280 SSDs
- Easy RAID: Plug and play out of the box or enjoy more RAID variations than traditional dual drive enclosures – up to RAID 10
- Compatible: Use with OWC Helios 3S, OWC ThunderBay Flex 8, and the new OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual, as well as any computer with U.2 support and an available 3.5” drive bay
- Easy swaps: Move between OWC U.2 storage devices as well as PCs, enclosures, and servers
- Media workflows: Dramatically lowers production-to-lab shipping costs vs. shipping larger, heavier drives
- Secure: Key lock for data security compliance
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty and lifetime support
“The OWC U2 Shuttle boldly goes where no drive has gone before,” said Larry O’Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC. “It’s perfect for media production workflows as it eliminates tedious, time-consuming drive enclosure disassembly or costly fees for shipping an entire enclosure to get a day’s shoot to post-production. Just ship the lightweight OWC U2 Shuttle to the post-lab and swap it in quickly and economically”.
Pricing & Availability
The OWC U2 Shuttle will be available in January 2021 for $149.99 at MacSales.com.