Don’t be a dinosaur, toilet paper is a thing of the past
For more details, visit myomigo.
No one wants to talk about there tooshy movements, and that’s understandable because it’s straight up gross. But being clean, now that’s something we can talk about. Right now the standard is to wipe after your bathroom trip with paper. Even though I don’t always recycle everything, I don’t like waste. One element of life I find to be extremely wasteful is toilet paper. So, about a year ago when I started using a bidet-enabled toilet seat, I was ecstatic. Today, I’m excited to talk about the Omigo — the Toilet Seat from the Future.
DETAILS & FEATURES
Omigo is a high-tech toilet seat that ‘changes everything’ according to myomigo.com. This toilet seat helps to eliminate the need for toilet paper, which saves water, trees, and electricity. All it takes to get started is a simple seat replacement. Omigo is a feature-packed utility system that gives you a one-of-a-kind bathroom experience.
- Night Light: There is a soft glow that comes from the toilet bowl thanks to Omigo. A blue light greets you and even helps you to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Heated Seat: Who wants a frigid toilet seat in the middle of a cold winter’s night? Thanks to Omigo, you don’t have to have that any more. The seat includes a heater that you can adjust to your personal preference.
- Deodorizer: Thanks to an activated carbon filter, the Omigo provides a deodorizer that actually eliminates odor.
- Warm Water Wash: This is the feature that eliminates toilet paper — the warm water wash. When you have finished your bathroom business, simply let the seat know with the remote and it will wash you with an endless supply of warm water.
- Personalization: The Omigo remote gives you complete control over the seat and its features. You control pressure, temperature, spray width, and everything else.
- Air Dry: Once you complete the warm water wash, you can enjoy feeling dry with a burst of warm air.
- Soft-Closing Lid: The lid of the Omigo will close slowly and softly so that it never slams shut.
- Voltage/Frequency: 120V/60Hz
- Max Power Consumption: 1200W
- Power Cord Length: 3.5 feet
- Safety Devices: Bimetal, temperature sensor, temperature fuse
- Remote Battery Type: “Coin-style” CR2032 batteries (4)
- Seat/Lid Weight Limit: 330lbs/270lbs
- Seat Temperature: Adjustable (four levels) 89ºF – 97ºF
- Water Temperature: Adjustable (four levels) 90ºF – 100ºF
- Air Dryer Temperature: Adjustable (four levels)
- Standard Wash/Dry Time: 2 minutes/2 minutes
- Nightlight: Blue LED
- Deodorizer Filter Life: 6 months
The first step of this process was to unbox the toilet seat. When you first open the box, you will see a welcoming message from the manufacturer. After removing that part of the carton, the next layer reveals the main toilet seat body wrapped inside a canvas sack. I love that their tagline is: “Let it be weird.” It’s a creative way to generate buzz about their product because the truth is, it’s weird to talk about bodily functions in our society. It should be perfectly normal, but somehow, it’s just weird.
Moving on, the seat looks like a fairly standard toilet seat. The backend of the seat — the part that faces the toilet reservoir — is quite a bit more raised than a standard seat, but aside from that, it doesn’t look much different. The toilet seat does come packaged with all the necessary tools you need to assemble/install the unit in your bathroom.
The installation process is not very difficult at all. The only worrisome part is where you turn the water off. I’m always concerned that I won’t have turned it off quite enough and water will leak out everywhere. Thankfully, Omigo makes the process painless and stress-free with very detailed instructions — right down to flushing the toilet to ensure that there is no extra water present for the process. Once the water is shut off, you will simply attach a t-joint to the water line that goes to your toilet. With this joint, you are able to connect the supply line to the Omigo. This step requires hand tools, but when it comes to installing the base for the toilet seat, you will need to plan on hand-tightening because the connections are all made with nylon and plastic.
The seat base is adjustable so that you can make sure the seat is aligned with your toilet bowl. It took me a couple of tries to get this connected just right, but once I did, sliding the toilet seat on was a breeze. At this point, you just plug the seat into power and start using it.
It took me a little bit of time to set my personal preferences but once I did, I was impeccably happy with the Omigo. It’s functioned exactly as described and I really don’t have any complaints. I did expect that the air dryer might be a little more high-powered and I sometimes feel that the water pressure isn’t what it should be but overall, I’ve been really happy with it. If turn the water up full, the air isn’t quite strong enough to dry you off completely. I’ve been using the Omigo exclusively for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it. I only use toilet paper when I’m away from the Omigo and think it’s the best investment someone can make in their home as an add-on.
The Omigo is a pricey investment but a worthy one. It serves a great purpose and even though you may not want to talk about it, it’s a great conversation starter. Give Omigo a try. You won’t go back to paper afterward.