Double your Mac’s hard drive space with Pear.
We’ve all had a hard drive space problem at one time or another and we try to remedy it by supplementing our computer’s HD with external drives. Well, thanks for TarDisk, there is no need for that any longer. TarDisk’s Pear is a first-of-its-kind, cutting edge, onboard HYBRID storage module for MacBooks.
The enabled SD chip increases a MacBook’s hard drive by as much as 256G. In a nutshell, TarDisk Pear creates a hybrid drive, combining the card and the internal hard drive into one. To do so, the product automatically allocates files between the SD card and the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air’s internal hard drive. When installed, the TarDisk Pear lies flush with the side of the laptop and is the same brushed aluminum as Apple’s computers.
How TarDisk Pear works:
- The new logically merged volume is managed by OSX.
- Internal SSD is primarily used before data is sent to the product.
- More frequently used files are maintained on SSD hardware.
- TRIM enabled SSDs maintain original speed benefits of Trim.
- Read/Write buffer (“swap-space-equivalent”) is maintained on SSD to buffer writes to files located on the product.
- Failure modes, if ever encountered, allow for direct restoration from TimeMachine backups.
Performance tests with BlackMagic, GeekBench and NovaBench show equivalent or slightly improved MacBook performance after TarDisk installation.
TarDisk Pear is available in 128GB ($149) and 256GB ($399) on TarDisk.com.