FlipFlic Kickstarter Launch Will Make Window Blinds Automation Easy and Affordable
Today, Jalousier, Inc. is launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund its home automation product, FlipFlic. FlipFlic™ is the smart blinds controller that automates ordinary window blinds in seconds and with no tools.
It is compact, solar-powered, and easy-to-install. FlipFlic quickly converts any horizontal or vertical blinds into a self-adjusting, light, time, and temperature-responsive smart window.
Ksenia Vinogradova, FlipFlic startup CEO and “Mom in Tech”, said she came up with the concept while having to open and close 12 window blinds at home and even more in the office.
“It just hit me; there’s got to be a way to automatically control indoor light and temperature without breaking your wallet on expensive and low tech motorized blinds,” she said. “Window blinds are there to regulate incoming heat and light, but it is nobody’s job to open and close them several times a day. Such a simple, but annoying task has got to be automated, just like many other things at home.”
Blinds automation provides for comfort, energy savings, and additional security. That’s why there’ve several startup companies has come out with their solutions last year. What makes FlipFlic stand-out are:
- installation in one click
- smart sensors
- out-of-the-box integrations with other smart home products
- FlipFlic, although technologically advanced, can be easily operated by apps on any iOS – FlipFlic iOS App is already available on AppStore and Android is currently in development.
Once the app connects with FlipFlic, homeowners can:
- Set comfort temperature and your blinds will respond if it gets too cold or too hot.
- Schedule blinds to open and close by the timer.
- Override Automatic or Scheduled modes and set custom angle manually.
- Control one or group of devices instantly.
- Furthermore, it can be integrated into the present smart home systems via BLE and ZigBee, global wireless standard.
- As a result, you get all the benefits of natural daylight and use less artificial lighting, air conditioning, and heating.
FlipFlic features a sleek, compact design that complements all major types of horizontal and vertical blinds.
“This is an exciting opportunity to design a really practical product that incorporates a lot of cutting-edge technology, including smart sensors and wireless integration,” Sergey Vinogradov, FlipFlic co-founder and technology lead, said. “Our team was challenged to come up with a distinctive and iconic product design that would look terrific in any home.”
Starting at a discounted price of only $60, FlipFlic wants to make our homes more comfortable and technologically advanced.
Ksenia said she anticipates a large demand for this first-of-its-kind product. Months before the Kickstarter launch, her team shipped beta units to first 100 testers and used this feedback to develop the new product generation, launched today on Kickstarter.