Eve today announced the new indoor air quality monitor Eve Room, upgrading the acclaimed accessory with Thread support.
Eve Room is one of now ten Eve products that work with HomeKit over Thread, the groundbreaking technology specifically developed for the smart home. Completely wireless, Eve Room relies on Swiss technology leader Sensirion’s energy efficient sensor to keep track of a room’s air quality, temperature and humidity. A customizable, high-contrast e-ink display shows the current conditions from any angle thanks. The third-generation Eve Room is now available for USD $99.95.
“Thread has been a spectacular success for us, and in a not too distant future a Thread network in your house will be just as common as Wi-Fi”, says Jerome Gackel, CEO of Eve Systems. “If you purchase an Eve product with Thread, like Eve Room, you’re making a sustainable, future-proof choice, as Thread is one of the natively supported standards in Matter, the common protocol backed by Apple, Google, Amazon, SmartThings/Samsung, Eve and many more.”
Enjoy a healthier home
From furniture, appliances & toys to cooking, grooming & cleaning: Almost everything produces VOCs – volatile organic compounds – even people. By keeping your windows shut, indoor VOC concentration can build up quickly to an unhealthy level. With Eve Room and the Eve app you’re always conscious of VOC accumulation, and inspired to keep your air fresh. The Eve app distills all measurements into detailed graphs by hours, days, weeks, months, and years. You can then see with ease just how everyday activities impact air quality so you can take steps to make your home healthy.
- Measure volatile organic compound (VOC) concentration, temperature, and humidity levels in your home
- Detect harmful VOC levels caused by everyday items, including furnishings, appliances, gadgets, toys & more.
- View the readings on the high-contrast e-ink display or your iPhone
- Put Eve Room wherever you like thanks to its wireless connectivity
- Joins your Thread network automatically / supports Bluetooth and Thread
- Get up and running in a flash with quick & easy installation and setup, and no need for a bridge or gateway
- iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS/iPadOS
- Controlling this HomeKit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires a HomePod or an Apple TV (4th generation or later) as a home hub
- Accuracy: Typical ± 0.3°C / ± 0.54°F; typical ± 3% Humidity
- Power: Integrated rechargeable battery: Lasts 6+ weeks on a single charge
- Charging Port: Micro-USB
- Display: E-Ink; 200 x 200 pixels
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread
- Operating Range: -0 °C — 50 °C / 0 °F — 130 °F; 5% — 95% Humidity
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 2.1 x 0.6 in