Orbi Tri-band WiFi Systems and Nighthawk routers now include smart features for families to manage content and time online
NETGEAR®, Inc., the worldwide leader in home networking and smart home security products, will include CircleÒ with Disney software on its flagship Orbi™ Tri-Band Home WiFi Systems and the popular Nighthawk® Smart WiFi Routers. NETGEAR is bringing peace of mind to parents by managing not only access to appropriate online content but also limiting the time that children are spending online.
Circle with Disney is the smart way for families to manage content and time online, on any connected device. With the easy-to-use Circle app – available for download on both iOS and Android™ devices – parents can easily create unique profiles for each family member. This includes creating daily time limits for apps and websites, setting individual filter levels for each family member, scheduling BedTime for each family member and their devices, and pausing the internet by the device or by the user with the press of a button. You can even manage your family’s mobile devices outside the home through Circle Go.
Using Circle with Disney on your NETGEAR router provides an easy way for parents to monitor online time and content for their kids across all their devices. It also saves money and reduces hardware clutter in your home, as it’s already installed on your router — no additional device is required. Circle with Disney smart parental controls are available worldwide wherever NETGEAR routers are supported.*
“NETGEAR has a long-standing commitment to its customers to provide the best in terms of WiFi connectivity for internet access,” said David J. Henry, NETGEAR senior vice president of Home Networking. “We’re very pleased to deliver safe and fun experiences for children of all ages by aligning with Circle with Disney to safely manage online activity through our Orbi and Nighthawk-branded products. We look forward to adding Circle with Disney to more NETGEAR products.”
“We find it so gratifying that Circle is already helping so many families, and we have seen that the sooner parents are able to set some limits and reward online behaviors, the better it is for the family,” said Lance Charlish, chief executive officer, Circle Media Labs Inc. “By partnering with one of the most trusted router brands to offer our technology on their products, we are thrilled to be making Circle accessible to even more families.”
NETGEAR has partnered with Circle to offer the most comprehensive parental control solution available for your home network. With multiple filters offering the capability to set unique configurations and age-appropriate settings for each family member – including mature and explicit content – and further customization by toggling of settings for various apps, websites, ad blocking, as well as safe search, parents will now have greater visibility and control over their children’s screen time and will gain the peace of mind that their children are safe while online.
Smart parental controls enabled on NETGEAR products through Circle with Disney include:
Available as part of the free app download:
- Filter – Set individual filter levels for each family member that matches their age and interests.
- Pause – Pause internet access by the device, user or the entire home, with the press of a button.
- History – See the sites that have been visited and filtered.
- Safe Search – Filter out inappropriate sites and images from Google and Bing search results
- Ad Blocking – Filter out most sources of online ads eliminating the majority of ads from websites.
Premium Services for $4.99 a month:
- Time Limits — Limit daily internet time for each family member by websites, apps, and more.
- BedTime — Set times for family members’ devices to disconnect from/connect to the Internet
- OffTime — Set individual screen availability times and schedule specific “no internet” times easily.
- Usage — See how much time your kids spend online at a glance.
- Rewards — Bump up Time Limits, give a late BedTime, or disable an OffTime, just for the day.
- Connections — Integrate with third-party apps like Choremonster and IFTTT.
- Amazon® Alexa™— Ask any Alexa-enabled device about your family’s usage, time limits, or bedtimes.
MyCircle® is an additional Circle app that provides a personalized dashboard for parents to connect with their kids and check their Circle dashboard. You can also add Circle Go on your child’s mobile devices and extend Circle coverage even when the kids are outside the home.
NETGEAR products are available in major retail stores and online Circle is currently available on select Nighthawk routers and will soon be rolled out for existing Orbi WiFi Systems customers through a firmware update.