The perfect power hub for on the go juice
I have a great deal of respect for the team over at Mophie. When they design power accessories it’s in such a way that they are memorable. I mean they hit the nail on both great-looking designs and function. I was very excited to learn that they had a new product with a built-in prong for charging and can act as a wireless charger. With those features, the Powerstation Hub is a great addition to their already powerful family of products.
The Powerstation Hub is designed to be the “go-to” device for power. It comes equipped with foldable AC power prongs so that you can recharge it by plugging it into a wall outlet and it has a built-in 6,100 mAh battery. In addition to its input ports, the Powerstation Hub has a built-in wireless charging surface. The charging hub features a fast charge USB-C port with power delivery and two (2) USB-A ports for simultaneous charging of multiple devices.
SPECS & FEATURES
- Universal wireless charging: Wirelessly charges any Qi-enabled smartphone.
- Charges up to four devices at the same time(one wireless and three wired via USB ports).
- USB-C PD input/output port can fast-charge at up to 18W.
- High-output USB-A QC port charges devices at up to 15W.
- AC charging input with interchangeable AC adapters (available with different regional models)
- Built-in 6,000mAh battery keeps your devices charged throughout the day.
Ultra-portabledesign makes it easy to carry the powerstation hub just about anywhere.
- Priority+® charging provides power to charging devices first before the powerstation hub battery starts to recharge.
- Rubberized, non-slip wireless charging surface keeps your Qi-enabled device in place while charging.
- Track battery power at a glance with the integrated four-light LED status indicator. You can keep tabs on charging status and current battery life.
mophie’ssmart adaptive charging technology identifies your connected device and always delivers the fastest, most efficient charging speeds available.
- Digital Power Management circuitry provides built-in short-circuit, overcharge and temperature protection.
- DIMENSIONS: 3.31 x 3.31 x 1.16 in (84 x 84 x 29.5mm)
- WEIGHT: 9 oz (255.15g)
- WARRANTY: 2 Year Warranty
- IN THE BOX: powerstation hub / quick-start guide / North America AC Adapter
The Powerstation Hub comes in a simple, but nicely branded mophie box. A picture of the device on the front of the box with some basic details included. The front of the box does indicate that the hub features Qi Wireless charging and a foldable AC prong. Since those are big selling points of the device, I think it’s great that it’s included. According to the details on the front of the box, the Powerstation Hub provides more than 36 hours of battery life. There is an asterisk stamped on the end of that sentence indicating that it’s a qualified statement, but there is no note stating what that
The hub can charge up to four devices simultaneously — one on the wireless charging pad, two in the USB-A ports, and one on the USB-C PD port. When charging two or more devices, the hub can supply up to 15W of power. There is an LED indicator with four lights that shows how much power is still available on the hub. The Powerstation Hub does feature ‘Priority+ charging’ which means that when the hub is plugged into a wall outlet that power is first provided to the connected devices before the hub’s battery starts to recharge.
As much as I love the main features of this device and the fact that mophie is the creator of it, I was a little thrown by the design at first. I mean, it seems so plain. A lot of
In addition to all its design features, the hub is a very functional portable charger. I tested its wireless charging capabilities using an iPhone XS Max and found that it charges at a rate of 0.36% per minute. This is a pretty strong charging rate. In comparison to another wireless charger I recently reviewed, which charged at a rate of 0.25-0.32% per minute, I thought that the Powerstation Hub was a much more efficient wireless charger.
I’m a fan of any sort of charger that allows you to be on the go without extraneous cables. The Powerstation Hub works with that function quite well as it has the built-in power prongs for wall charging and the built-in wireless charger for juicing up Qi-enabled devices. I love