Earbuds engineered to deliver sound you can feel.
Finding quality wireless earbuds can be difficult these days because there are so many choices out there. The Jabees Firefly Vintage True Wireless Earbuds prove that you don’t have pay premium prices to get premium earphones. The earbuds retail for around $50 (at the time of publishing) and feature high-quality features. I was fortunate enough to get to test out a pair recently and was excited to see what they had to offer. The Firefly Vintage True Wireless Earbuds are built with aptX Bluetooth 5.2 technology and have premium features such as Gaming Mode and Dual Microphones.
- Bluetooth 5.2 Qualcomm Solution
- Featuring ENC – Environmental Noise Cancellation Technology
- Featuring Qualcomm aptX
- Utility Patent ‘Touch & Push Button in One’ – Applying the hybrid touch and manual push system to improve the user experience.
- Dual Microphone Technology – Enjoy the crystal clear call no matter where you are.
- Intelligent Power Switch System – The earbuds turn on and connect to each other automatically when open the lid of the case.
- IPX5 Waterproof – Can resist a sustained, low-pressure water jet spray.
- Transparency Mode – Keep your ears open to what’s going on in the world around you.
- Wireless Charging Case – Being compatible with almost all Qi-enabled charger devices
- Voice-controlled AI – Siri and Google Assistant.
- Graphene-enhanced Sound – Utilizes the Graphene for treble enhancements, noise isolation, and overall sound quality improvement.
- Want to enjoy true wireless stereo effect? Use in pair. Want it be mono for calls? Use one only.
- Stereo Call – Take your phone calls and listen through both earbuds so that you can literally be all ears.
- Outstanding Battery Life – Up to 7 hours music playtime on a single charge.
- Up to 200 hours standby time.
- Charging Case with USB-C with built-in 500mAh battery capacity for storage and charging, providing up to 3 additional charges which equals to 21 hours in total.
- Bluetooth profile: handsfree, A2DP/AVRCP
- Bluetooth Codec: AAC and SBC
- Dimension of each earbud: 25.90 X 16.40 X 19.80 mm
- Weight of two earbuds: 9.8g
- Dimension of Charging Case: 78 x 31 x 37mm
- Weight of Charging Case: 44.8g
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- 2 x Firefly Vintage Earbuds
- 1 x Charging Case
- 1 x User Manual
- 6 x In-ear eartips (Shortened-shape)
- 6 x In-ear eartips (Bowl-shape)
- 1 x USB Cable (USB Type-C)
- 1 x Strap
The earbuds are packaged in a black retail box with an image of the earbuds on the front. The name “Firefly Vintage” is stamped on the top of the image with the tagline “In a timeless design” printed below it. The spine of the box highlights the main features of the earbuds and the back calls out several details as well in multiple languages. The box opens from the side and has a ribbon tab that users can grab on to pull it out. When you pull the box out, the user will see a cardboard box that reads “Jabees.” Inside is the charging case with the earbuds inside. There is a second small box that reads “accessories inside.” That box holds a USB-C charging cable, a quick reference guide, ear gels, and a strap.
To get started with the earbuds, you simply open the charging case and the earbuds enter pairing mode. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro as my audio player with these earbuds and ”Firefly Vintage” immediately showed up in my Bluetooth device list when I opened the charging case. I will note that the podcast I had been listening to automatically started playing on my phone – even though the earbuds weren’t in my ears. After I paused the podcast, I pulled the ear gels off the earbuds and replaced them with a smaller size. This is standard practice for me since the typical size doesn’t allow for earbuds to properly sit in my ear canal. The proper fit is very important because you don’t get the right sound from the earbuds if it’s a bad fit.
Comfort is very important to me with earbuds. I’ve worn many pairs that end up causing ear and headaches. So, I decided to start my testing process with the Firefly earbuds by just wearing them. I left them in my ears for 30-45 minutes without listening to anything through them just to test out how comfortable they were. Based on the design, I was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight the earbuds were. I noticed they were in my ears, but not because they were heavy. The headphones didn’t end up bothering me at all and I found them to be quite comfortable. I even got up and walked around with them. Sometimes earbuds fall out of my ears when I walk around and do daily tasks, but the Firefly earbuds did not. I did notice that the earbuds disconnected when I walked away from my phone. I was halfway down our hall (about 15 feet away from my phone) and then reconnected when I got close enough to the iPhone as I walked back down the hall. I could also still hear through the earbuds pretty clearly while I wore them. Again, I wasn’t listening to any audio through them at that point, so the sound was slightly muted, but I could hold conversations that hear the audio from our TV.
I noticed when I kicked on some music that it sounded a little hollow. I moved the earbuds around and found that I really had to push the earbuds into my ears in order to get the best sound. When I did that, I could not hear anything in around me. Pushing the earbuds into my ears did make them a bit more uncomfortable for me because it caused the ’vacuum-effect’ in my ear. I don’t think that everyone would end up feeling this way, but some users who have the same ear shape as me might. Once I found the optimum placement for the earbuds, I was very happy with the sound quality. I listened to some hard rock music, alternative music, classical soundtrack, and a podcast. I could hear everything clearly and sounds that should have a rich tone to it did. Sound quality Is definitely premium-quality and I would recommend them as budget-friendly, premium quality earphones.
The Jabees Firefly Vintage True Wireless Earbuds are a quality set of earbuds with a user-friendly interface and budget-friendly price. They come with a charging case and are comfortable to wear for longer periods of time. They may not be the best fit for some users, but for most, the different options of ear gels will provide options for the majority of users.
For more information, visit jabees.com, Facebook, and Twitter.