New Benefits. No Additional Cost. Damage Replacement, Mobile Cloud Backup, and Unlimited Photo Storage Added to $4.99 Monthly Service
GoPro, Inc. is building on the success of its Plus subscription service with the introduction of new benefits that deliver significant value to GoPro customers at no additional cost.
Today, the company announced details of the expanded Plus monthly service:
- Camera replacement – If you break your GoPro we’ll replace it, no questions asked
- Mobile cloud backup – The GoPro App now automatically backs up your photos and videos, eliminating the need to connect to a computer or buy new SD cards
- Unlimited photo storage
- 35 hours of video storage
- 20% off accessories at gopro.com
- Front-of-the-line priority phone and chat support
Mobile cloud backup will be available on iOS February 20 and on Android in the spring.
“Plus streamlines the GoPro experience and delivers outsized value for our customers,” said GoPro Founder and CEO Nicholas Woodman. “Our subscription business, Plus, has proven popular with consumers and the rollout of our enhanced service marks the first of several subscription initiatives we will introduce this year.”
The new GoPro Plus is now available in the US for $4.99 a month with a 30-day free trial and will expand to global markets later this year.