An advanced photo editor for mobile users makes finalizing images quick and easy.
Sometimes when you are out on an adventure, you don’t want to stop what you are doing just to edit a photo. I use my iPhone frequently when I’m out in the world because sometimes my DSLR is just too much to haul around. When that’s the case, I’ll just snap a few photos here and there to capture the moment. And, while the built-in camera on the iPhone is good, developer Lightricks has released a very powerful alternative to the iOS Camera app with Enlight Quickshot.
Quickshot combines speed and power into one app to make photo editing easier. With it, you can apply any number of filters that are preset in the app or create your own signature style.
You have three different camera modes to help enhance your photos from the moment you take them.
- Strobe Mode: Capture action & movement with this feature. It mimics strobe lights and long exposures for unbelievable, styled action images.
- Quickshot Mode: This mode will automatically align, straighten, and enhance your photos while capturing them.
- HDR Mode: Automatically assesses the light around you before you snap, guaranteeing sharp results in tricky lighting situations.
Photo editing features and presets are ultra-advanced so that you can complete your project right from your phone.
- Primers: Bold image enhancement presets fine-tuned for adventure junkies.
- Sky Control: Transform the sky in seconds. The app detects where the natural sky is in the photo and then replaces it with one of the customizable sky effects in the app.
- Batch Editing: Apply personalized effects to multiple images including filter, brightness, depth, shadows, tint, hue, and vignette.
Quickshot is a free app with subscription purchase options for ‘pro’ features. That said, it is a fully functional app when you use the free version.
Subscription Details – Subscribe for unlimited access to all features and content
- Billed monthly or annually depending on the subscription plan. A one-time payment plan is available.
- Subscriptions auto-renew at the cost of the chosen package. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
I ended up using Quickshot in two main ways — editing existing photos and capturing new ones from within the camera interface. While I like the camera option, I found that the camera takes longer to take a picture than the native iOS Camera app does. When you tap the shutter button, the app processes the photo for a few seconds before saving it. I believe this is due to the camera modes feature needing to take longer to process the effect of the camera mode. With that in mind, I think it’s important to realize that if you are trying to capture photos quickly, you may just want to use the iOS Camera app instead.
Now, as far as the editing goes, Quickshot does a really great job of providing advanced tools that are easy to use. Even though I have spent hours cutting sky out of a photo by hand just to recolor it, I love that with the tap of a filter, this app can do that for me. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty close. I have two photos with sky included. One of them has a much cleaner border to cut out that the other. The photo with more foliage on the tree branches doesn’t look as clean with a different sky behind it but the other one I had no problem selecting a new background on and having it replaced.
I like Quickshot because you can do a lot more with it than you can with the basic editing tools of the iOS Camera app. It’s a free app, which is another benefit and there are so many ways to edit your photos that it really makes it worth it to have this app on your phone. In a few seconds, you can completely touch-up your photo and if you spend a bit longer, you can transform a photo into a complete work of art. I can recommend this app to all types of users. More advanced photo editors will really get a lot from the multiple features available and basic editors will be able to learn those more advanced tools quickly without much trouble. Quickshot makes photo editing on your phone very easy.