Utility app makes it more efficient to share and organize files.
I spend a lot of time throughout my day organizing files and sharing them with others. My main method of file sharing takes place in either Sharepoint or Dropbox. Both services allow you to store, organize and share files with others. The problem is that you end up having to stop what you are doing in one place to access those files. For example, I could be working in Outlook and I will have to save an attachment out to my desktop and then upload it to Dropbox. There is a lot of time lost in those smaller moments of file management and that time can be reclaimed with the utility app Dropzone.
Dropzone for Mac is a very unique app that lets you connect with many different services for file management. The app makes it possible for you to connect with systems like Dropbox, Mail, your Finder folders, and even applications on your computer by simply dragging and dropping your files onto icons that represent those options. Some of Dropzone’s features include:
- Open applications, move and copy files faster than ever before.
- AirDrop integration lets you drop files or folders from any app and share them with your other Macs over the network.
- Upload via FTP and Amazon S3.
- Download and install add-on actions that let you upload to services like Google Drive, YouTube and many others.
- Notification Center notifications let you know when your actions finish.
- Powerful multi-tasking engine allows you to run multiple tasks at once and track the progress of each one through the in-grid task status area.
- See how tasks are progressing at a glance in the animated menu item.
- Reorder your actions quickly via drag and drop.
- Launch Dropzone actions with the newly added keyboard shortcuts feature
- Add applications, folders or actions to your grid easily by dragging and dropping them on the Add to Grid area.
- Develop your own actions using the updated and massively improved Ruby or Python API.
Sounds pretty cool, right? So, here’s how it works. Say you have a file that you want to move to a different location. You simply click that icon to grab it and drag the file onto the Dropzone icon in the Menu bar. The services menu will be shown and you can place the file on top of any of those services to manage your files. This app makes it possible for me to stay within the environment of Outlook and save out attachments without having to leave the main application’s interface. It saves a lot of time.
Dropzone is incredibly useful to anyone who manages many different types of files. It’s available in the Mac App Store and directly from the developer. Usually there is no difference between what a developer offers and what is available through the App Store, however, in this case the developer’s version is un-sandboxed. The version in the Mac App Store has limitations due to Apple’s Sandboxing regulations. The nice thing is if you purchase it from the Mac App Store and then download the developer version, the app will unlock.
I’ve been using Dropzone for the past several days now and have found my productivity level has increased because I haven’t lost as much time as I normally do routing those all important files. This utility is really a miracle worker and I’m really glad to have it in my toolkit.
For more information and a free trial, visit https://aptonic.com/dropzone3.
Download Dropzone here.
Find Aptonic on Twitter.