iOS content manager, AnyTrans, has a new feature that allows you to download YouTube videos to your device.
As much as we all love our iOS devices getting new content onto them can be a bit of a bear at times. Fortunately, iMobie, a company that focuses on developing iPhone, iPod, iPad content management, iOS data recovery and iPhone/Mac maintenance utility software, created AnyTrans, the ultimate iPhone content manager.
AnyTrans has a lot of remarkable features such as two-way iTunes sync and transferring data from another device. Now with the latest version of AnyTrans, you can also download online videos from sources such as YouTube for free! This is a completely free feature and even when the free trial expires, you can still use the video download option of AnyTrans.
AnyTrans is the ONLY FREE tool available to download videos in batch from Youtube, Dailymotion, Vine, Vimeo, Instagram, and other 900+ sites directly into iOS devices. To ensure the best viewing experience on iPhone and iPad, AnyTrans will intelligently choose the optimal resolution for download and automatically convert the video to an iOS-compatible format. Besides to iOS devices, you can also choose to download online videos to PC and Mac as well.
AnyTrans is a pretty easy application to use. It’s very intuitive, but to help you to get started with this new feature, here is a How To section specifically on downloading videos from YouTube and saving them for offline viewing on your iOS device. For the purposes of this demonstration, I will be using an iPhone 7 as my device.
- Download AnyTrans from imobie.com. This is not available for download in the Mac App Store, but a free trial is available with all the features available.
- Connect your phone.
- Click on the icon for Downloads. It looks like an arrow. From here, you can select the video service you want to download from — in my case, YouTube. Clicking on the icon for the video service will take you to that website. You can then search for a video you want to download to your device and copy the link to share it. This will automatically populate the link into the download link field inside AnyTrans.
- Once you have selected a link to a video and it’s been copied into AnyTrans, click on Download and the video will download directly into your AnyTrans library and be saved locally on your Mac.
- When the download is complete you can click on the Downloads icon in the top right-hand corner. This will open up your AnyTrans video library. You will notice three icons to the right of the video – Open in Finder, Send to Device, and Trash.
- To send a video to your device, click on the Send to Device icon and it will transfer the file over to your phone or tablet.
- The file will be located in the TV app (on iOS devices running iOS 10.2) and you can play it as you would any video file.
*This post is sponsored by iMobie.