DocumentReader Mac App Review:
Cisdem DocumentReader is a file and documents reader for Mac OS X.
I work with multiple formats of documents every day. And, in order to open the different documents I work with, I have to open many different programs. I’ve recently discovered the amazing type of apps called document readers. I was first introduced to them on mobile devices and I jumped at the chance to work with one on my Mac when I was presented with DocumentReader for Mac by Cisdem.
DocumentReader is an innovative Mac app that allows users to view multiple file types including WPD, WPS, XPS, VISIO, and PDF files with one program. You can view, print or save them into PDF form all within the comfort of one single application.
“Mac users are never short of choices when it comes to document reading solutions; but there is a limited selection of an all in one solution that can read all these windows files in one application, “ said Brandon Hancock, manager of DocumentReader project for Cisdem Inc.
Some of the key features of DocumentReader include:
- View WPD, WPS, XPS, VISIO, PDF files on Mac.
- Supports multi-tab viewing to switch between multiple Visio files easily.
- Open multiple files on Mac at a time.
- Supports copy text to clipboard for reuse or editing.
- Supports rotate, zoom-in, zoom-out, and display at actual size.
- Print out opened WPD, WPS, XPS, VISIO, PDF documents.
- Convert WPD, WPS, XPS, VISIO documents to PDF for sharing or editing.
- Preserves the original layouts and elements when reading WPD, WPS, XPS, VISIO, PDF files.
- Supports keyword search to find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your file.
- Runs well on Mac OS X 10.7 – OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
I got off to a rocky start with DocumentReader. I had a couple of false starts where I wasn’t able to get the download and then I couldn’t get the app to work with my registration code. Fortunately, Cisdem has wonderful customer service and they helped me through the problems I had. Once I got the app working, I was pleasantly surprised at the clean, distraction-free viewing window of DocumentReader. The features are simple and the app is very easy to use. I love that you can open multiple documents at one time and that they open within a separate tab. This keeps the layout nice and clean. One of the things I really detest is the many open windows that are inevitable when you have many documents open. So having the tab option available is a wonderful option. I do wish that there was some simple markup options available.
DocumentReader from Cisdem is a nice, clean option for a document reader. A single license is available for $29.99 and Cisdem has a trial version available through their website.
For more information, visit http://www.cisdem.com/document-reader-mac.html.