DJ Mixer Express Review:
Fun and easy to use mixing app gives users of all skill levels the opportunity to be a DJ.
I’ve never really considered myself a DJ or disc jockey. I love music as much as the next person and love video editing to music, but I’ve never really gotten into mixing music. Some of the music software I’ve run across through the years has just been too complicated and tiring to work through that I haven’t pushed myself to try to learn it. Since it’s been quite some time since I’ve attempted mixing music, I thought I’d give another try and have been working with DJ Mixer Express for Mac.
DJ Mixer Express for Mac is a fully equipped DJ app that includes the tools for anyone – novice to expert – to mix their favorite songs. The software allows users to utilize any music at their disposal – iTunes library, individual files, etc. – within the app to create new musical compositions. It has a lot of automatic functions that give the most basic of users the ability to be their own DJ.
One of the most important set of features in my opinion is the mixer, which includes:
2-channel DJ mixer with crossfader, 3-band EQ, volume, gain and level controls, headphones and crossfader
- AutoMix mode
- Adjustable crossfader curve
- ASIO/CoreAudio with low-latency support
- Control over your mix with sample-accurate cue points
- VU-Meters for decks and master output
- Up to 6 distinct effects (Reverse, Brake, AutoPan, Flanger, Echo, Delay)
- 3-band equalizer with on the fly changeable frequencies
- Perceptual automatic-gain (automatic volume normalization)
- Audio limiter for high quality audio even at high volume levels
In testing out the software, I was very impressed with how easy it was to understand. The interface directs you to enter two pieces of music that you can then mix together. To enter them into the software, you simply drag and drop files from your computer onto the interface over what appears to be a cassette tape opening – which I thought was pretty creative with the design.
As a novice DJ, I found the AutoMix mode to be one of the best features of DJ Mixer Express. This function automatically detects the beat and tempo of a song and allows you to easily mach the playback of two songs for perfect mixing. This feature also has automatic beat-matched crossfading, automatic pitch matching and seamless looping. All of these options provide easy production for beginners and experts alike.
Some of the other features include:
- Supports MP3, M4A, AAC, AC3, WAV, AIFF, AU, WMA, MP4 audio format.
- Easy-to-use and highly intuitive user interface.
- iTunes integration, Mix your music from iTunes .
- Support for distinct audio outputs for speakers and headphones using multi-channel audio cards or SPLIT mode for simple stereo soundcards.
- Slow down or speed up songs! Change any song’s key!
- Full feature music player included.
- Fully Unicode.
- Record your mixes to WAV/AIFF formats .
- TAG editing.
- Works on both Mac OS X and Windows platform. Fully support Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
For $29.95, DJ Mixer Express is a great mixing tool for anyone who wants to get into sounds editing and mixing. You can do some really great things with this app and have a lot of fun while doing it.
For more information, visit www.macdjmixer.com/dj-mixer-express.