Piper all-in-one wireless security system makes waves with announcements at CES.
I caught up with Grace from Piper at CES last week and she told me all about the updates they are making to their systems this year. Piper had a great year of new integrations such as Marketplace and Life360 and kicked off 2016 by debuting an exciting IFTTT partnership, in addition to new Piper-supported accessories to make smart homes even smarter.
Here are the details about their announcements:
Piper + IFTTT
Piper’s partnership with IFTTT gives Piper users complete control of their systems by allowing them to configure their own rules within the Piper app. We’re excited to offer triggers such as:
- Alarm activated by either the internal Piper sensors or the external Z-Wave accessories
- System was armed
- Live streaming started
Since Piper can accept commands, we’re looking forward to allowing IFTTT-connected channels access to perform actions such as:
- Turn on/off an external accessory
- Arm/disarm the system
- Record a video event
Piper’s Supported Home Automation Accessories
Piper is truly becoming the centralized hub for in a very crowded automated home marketplace, with newly supported accessories including:
- Door Locks: Users will be enabled to lock and unlock their door within the Piper security system App.
- Smoke Detector: In the event of smoke detection, users will be notified via their Piper security system.
- Motion Detector: In the event of motion detection, users will be notified via their Piper security system.
For more information, visit getpiper.com.
Find Piper on Facebook and Twitter.