Disney Magic shines in September!
Disney+, the streaming home of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, has been a cornerstone of family entertainment since its launch in November 2019. As of July 2, 2022, it has more than 150 million subscribers and is steadily growing. Today marks the second annual Disney+ Day, which is a virtual event that is used to promote the service as well as provide some wonderful perks to its subscribers — some of which are included below.
New subscribers can enjoy their first month of service for only $1.99 when they sign up between today (September 8) and September 19. Offer is valid only for new and eligible returning Disney+ subscribers, who are 18 years of age or older. After 1-month promo period, Disney+ auto-renews at then-current monthly retail price (currently $7.99/mo (plus tax, where applicable)) until canceled.
Disney+ Day Premieres
The Disney+ Day lineup will feature anticipated global premieres from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, The Simpsons, and more. Several new titles will be released today on Disney+ including – but not limited to – the following:
- Cars on the Road
- Marvel Studios’ Assembled: The Making of Thor: Love and Thunder
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return
- Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory
- Frozen Sing-Along
- Frozen 2 Sing-Along
- Welcome to the Club (a new short from The Simpsons)
- Growing Up
- Tierra Incognita
- Marvel Studios’ She-Hulk (Ep. 4)
- Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder
Disney+ Theme Park Experiences
In celebration of Disney+ Day, guests at Disney theme parks will discover new ways to “plus” up their experience with special offerings and fan-favorite fun. Guests of Disneyland Resort in California, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will discover festive décor, special character sightings, and photo opportunities.
The morning will be “plussed” with more pixie dust as guests staying in select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and Hotels of the Disneyland Resort will have the opportunity to enter 60 minutes before regular park open at any Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort theme park (with valid park admission and reservations). Fans can also join the celebration digitally with Disney PhotoPass Lenses featuring a Disney+ Day Mickey ear hat and Groot – available in-park or at-home in the U.S. through the My Disney Experience app and Snapchat during Disney+ Day. Hong Kong Disneyland will celebrate with guests visiting the park on September 10.
In addition to the theme park and viewing indulgences, Disney+ subscribers (old and new) can enjoy the following perks as members of the club.
- Special Access to shopDisney Merchandise and free shipping using Code: FREESHIP in the U.S. on September 8 for all guests.
- Disney Cruise Line Offer: Third and fourth guests sail free with two full-fare guests in the same stateroom.
- Walt Disney Resort Offer: Disney+ subscribers can be on the lookout for a special holiday offer at select Disney Resort hotels.
- National Geographic Digital Subscription Offer: Disney+ subscribers can get a 6-month free trial to Nat Geo Digital.
- Uber One Offer: Disney+ subscribers get 6 free months of Uber One membership, plus $25 off their first Uber Eats order.
- Disney Movie Insiders Bonus Points: Earn 150 bonus points when linking your Disney+ and Disney Movie Insiders account together.
Disney+ at D23 Expo
Disney+ subscribers attending D23 Expo can continue the Disney+ Day celebration with special experiences, giveaways, and offers at the convention. To access the following perks, subscribers can pick up their Disney+ Subscriber Pass September 8 through September 11 from 7am to 7pm at D23 Expo Will Call and the Arena Box Office at the Anaheim Convention Center Arena. Perks include:
- Subscriber Screening (September 8): Special screening under the stars of the Disney+ Day Premiere, “Pinocchio” at the Hilton Anaheim located adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Offer Spots: Unlock special giveaways or promotions at Offer Spots on the show floor when they present their Disney+ subscriber pass
- Early Access to Adidas Ultraboost DNA x Marvel Legacy Black Panther Shoe: sign up for early access to the new Adidas shoe inspired by Wakandan symbols and the iconic costume of the legendary Marvel character Black Panther.
- Citizen: Citizen invites guests at D23 Expo to celebrate “moments in time,” and in celebration of the D23 Expo and Disney+ Day, will be offering select products available just for Disney+ Subscribers, including a new watch inspired by the Disney+ Day premiere Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Love and Thunder.”
- Corkcicle: Subscribers will be able to purchase 24oz tumblers inspired by popular Marvel characters Thor and Loki. Corkcicle will also be offering Disney+ Subscribers Early Access to a new collection inspired by Snow White.
Disney+ Day Screenings at AMC Theaters
From September 8-19, select AMC Theatres will celebrate Disney+ Day with screenings of fan-favorite movies including:
- Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto”
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
- Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok”
- Disney and Pixar’s “Cars”
Tickets are $5 per screening and are available to everyone. Attendees will receive a free Disney+ poster, while supplies last. Plus, a special concessions offer will be available for Disney+ subscribers.
For additional details on Disney+ Day, visit disneyplus.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the new general entertainment content brand, Star.
The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ is part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment. The service offers commercial-free streaming alongside an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action, and animated series, and short-form content.
With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service or as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.