Update elevates performance and improves autofocus performance.
- Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
- Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
- Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting.
- Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.
The firmware released for the EOS RP (version 1.3) includes many of the same features as the firmware for the EOS R, but item #4 in the above list is replaced with “Corrects a phenomenon in which the main dial icon is not displayed when pressing the zoom in / out button while the image is playing.”
The video below from Canon demonstrates the features rolled out in this firmware update.
Both updates are available to download and install from Canon.