Industry-Leading 180-Degree Field-of-View with Square 1:1 Aspect Ratio Delivers Most Complete Front-Entry Protection, With Direct-to-Mobile Video Calls for Faster Response
Arlo Technologies, Inc., one of the leading internet-connected camera brands, today announced the all-new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell which brings the award-winning features of its popular Wired Video Doorbell to a versatile, wire-free, battery-powered design. Arlo’s latest front-entry solution – which joins a robust ecosystem of home security products and services – captures what conventional video doorbells can’t. An industry-leading, 180-degree viewing angle with a square, 1:1 aspect ratio ensures users can see packages on the ground or visitors from head-to-toe on their mobile devices. HD video resolution combined with direct-to-mobile video calls, clear, two-way audio, and personalized alerts, allow users to quickly reply to guests or take action. Able to connect directly to WiFi, the latest solution can be powered by its rechargeable battery1 or be hardwired for continuous charging2. With an MSRP of $199.99, the Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell is now available for pre-order at select retailers including Best Buy, and will be rolling out nationwide to major retailers and Arlo.com this holiday season.
“In today’s world, having a smart video doorbell at your front door is more valuable than ever,” said Tejas Shah, SVP of Product and CIO at Arlo. “Unlike other video doorbells that can lag in response time, our new Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell leverages the latest hardware and software advancements for swift, comprehensive monitoring. Industry-leading picture and audio quality combined with our AI-based subscription service, Arlo Smart, enable complete front door protection. Users can receive smart notifications and secure, simple access via the Arlo App, allowing them to quickly and easily live stream, respond to guests and even get emergency help.”
Direct-to-mobile video calls, clear, two-way audio and pre-recorded quick-reply messages all enable convenient, in-the-moment communication with visitors. Traditionally, video doorbells require users to take multiple steps to view and respond to guests once receiving a notification, causing delays where a user could easily miss their visitor. The Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell solves this problem by sending a live, HD video call right to the user’s smartphone once the doorbell is pressed, enabling them to quickly take action by deploying a response.
Features of the all-new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell include:
- 180° Viewing Angle: Optimized for the front door with a 1:1 aspect ratio so you can see a person from head to toe or a package on the ground
- Direct-to-Mobile Video Call: Calls your phone directly so you never miss a visitor
- Multiple Powering Options: Install without wires using the rechargeable battery1, or hardwire to existing wiring for continuous charging2
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Receive alerts when motion is detected
- Angle Mount: Easily adjust the viewing angle to fully and clearly see visitors
- 2-Way Audio: Hear what matters with clear, noise-canceling audio
- More Ways to Answer: Quick Reply Messages enable users to play pre-recorded messages for instant response to guests
- Visitor Messaging: Guests can leave you a voice message if you’re unable to answer the door, and you can listen remotely at your convenience
- HD Video with HDR: Capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas with HDR
- Night Vision: See who’s at your door at night, even without a light on
- Weather Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain, or sun
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation, and control
- Direct to WiFi: Connects directly to WiFi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate base station
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren automatically or manually from the Arlo app during an event
- Silent Mode: Temporarily disable incoming calls, Arlo Chime melodies, and/or traditional chime rings
- Notifications that Matter: Get alerts when your Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell spots people, vehicles, animals, or a package with Arlo Smart via an included three-month trial with rolling 30-day cloud recordings
Slated for Q1 2021, a new Arlo Chime – which will connect directly to WiFi for simple setup – will enable instant chime alerts when a guest presses the Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell. Users will be able to select from a variety of tones and melodies that can be automatically triggered when motion or sound are detected.
The purchase of an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell unlocks a complimentary three-month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart. Users will receive access to 30-days of rolling HD video recordings to store and view video clips. Notification settings can be adjusted, enabling Arlo Smart subscribers to fully customize their experience to spot people, vehicles, animals or packages3. Arlo Smart’s e911 feature provides access to emergency services local to the camera’s location for quick action in emergency situations4. Controlled entirely through the Arlo app, users can easily view live streams and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings.