Arlo’s Comprehensive Safety App and Safe Button Accessory Deliver 24/7 Access to Safety Experts and Emergency Personnel, Family Check-Ins, Automobile Crash Detection and More
Arlo Technologies, Inc., a leading smart home security brand, today announced Arlo Safe, an all-new personal safety app featuring one-tap, 24/7 Emergency Response, family safety, automatic crash detection, and more. The Arlo Safe app is available now to download for free on iOS and Android. For additional safety features, users can choose from three different monthly subscription plans starting at $4.99 for individuals, $9.99 for families, or the all-new Safe and Secure Pro plan, providing the best value for complete security at home and on-the-go for $19.99.
Ideal for everyone from city dwellers walking home at night, to college students out with friends, teenagers walking to/from school, and even daily commuters, Arlo Safe is an all-encompassing personal safety solution for ultimate peace of mind while on the go.
“Arlo’s smart home security knowledge is vast, and we’ve leveraged our award-winning expertise to perfect the most secure, comprehensive safety app for our busy users,” said Tim Johnston, SVP of Products at Arlo Technologies, Inc. “Features like 24/7 live agent emergency support, location sharing, family check-ins, and safety alerts, provide on-the-go protection to keep you safe in a time of need.”
Standout features of the all-new Arlo Safe app include:
- One-Touch Emergency Response – Access live safety experts 24/7 to rapidly summon fire, police, or medical responders directly to the user’s exact location.
- Live agents speak directly with users and stay on the line until help arrives
- App provides first responders with critical details to prepare while en route
- Family Safety – Never miss a moment with the ability to know where opt-in family members have been, see their current location, or send help directly to them in an emergency situation
- Send Check-In Requests to a family member or send help directly to them
- Set up common places such as Home, Office, or School to receive notifications when family members leave or arrive, and get alerted when they travel outside of a designated area
- Quickly send an SMS/text message to emergency contacts or send emergency services directly to a family member in need
- Crash Detection and Response – Advanced impact detection expedites emergency response in the event of a vehicle accident by sharing appropriate location and medical information with first responders.
- Enable event audio and video recordings to share critical details with police following an incident
- Coverage works in any vehicle, including rental cars, or when traveling with friends and family1
Additionally, the new Arlo Safe Button accessory works in tandem with the Arlo Safe app to alert safety experts and rapidly summon emergency responders around the clock. Small enough to discreetly fit in a hand, pocket, or on a keychain, the device uses Bluetooth to communicate with the Arlo Safe app on the user’s smartphone, for quick, more discreet access without having to reach for the phone. The Arlo Safe Button is available to purchase for $29.99 at Arlo.com and national retailers.
Arlo Safe subscription plans start at $4.99 a month and are available for purchase on Arlo.com. For a complete security experience that combines camera monitoring and personal safety, existing Arlo users can choose the new Safe and Secure Pro plan that couples the benefits of Arlo Safe app with Arlo Secure Plus, including 24/7 emergency response for direct dispatch of first responders, access to priority care and support, smart interactive notifications, and more.
1Arlo Safe requires the permission of the driver
About Arlo Technologies, Inc.
Arlo is the award-winning, industry leader that is transforming the way people experience the connected lifestyle. Arlo’s deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity, cloud infrastructure, and cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on delivering a seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to set up and interact with every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight, and a powerful means to help protect and connect in real-time with the people and things that matter most, from any location with a Wi-Fi or a cellular connection.
To date, Arlo has launched several categories of award-winning smart connected devices, software, and services, including wire-free smart Wi-Fi and LTE-enabled security cameras, audio and video doorbells, a floodlight, the Arlo App and, Arlo Secure, an AI-based subscription service designed to maximize security through personalized notifications and emergency services for quicker help during a crisis.
With a mission to bring users peace of mind, Arlo is as passionate about protecting user privacy as it is about safeguarding homes and families. Arlo is committed to supporting industry standards for data protection designed to keep users’ personal information private and in their control. Arlo does not monetize personal data. Arlo provides enhanced controls for user data, supports privacy legislation, keeps user data safely secure, and puts security at the forefront of company culture.