Arlo Essential Series Enables Protection for Every Family Thanks to Arlo’s Best-in-Class, Secure Video Platform for 24/7 Peace of Mind
Arlo Technologies, Inc., one of the leading internet-connected camera brands, today announced the addition of two wire-free security cameras to its Arlo Essential Series: the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight and Arlo Essential. The Essential Series delivers the peace of mind every family needs to feel protected, both outside and inside the home. The series is highlighted by the Essential XL Spotlight Camera which features an integrated, extended-life battery that works for up to one year on one charge and an integrated spotlight with color night vision.1 The two new cameras both feature 1080p HD video, two-way audio, motion detection alerts, and a built-in siren – all in a beautifully compact, easy-to-install, wire-free design. Available at an MSRP of $149.99, the Essential XL Spotlight Camera is available now for pre-order at major retailers, including Best Buy and Arlo.com, while the Arlo Essential Camera will be listed at Walmart this holiday season at an MSRP of $99.99. The Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera is available now (launched June 2020) at major retailers and Arlo.com for an MSRP of $129.99.
“Our feature-packed Essential Series offers wire-free cameras that are as easy to install as they are affordable, providing families with a range of features so they can choose the solution that’s right for their home,” said Tejas Shah, SVP product and chief information officer. “The Essential XL Spotlight camera highlights the collection, enabling continuous security and peace of mind with extended battery life. Perfect for installing in hard to access or busy locations, the Essential XL Spotlight camera offers homeowners up to 12 months of battery on a single charge for added convenience, whether it’s serving as a standalone solution or complementing an existing Arlo ecosystem.”1
Features of the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera (MSRP: $149.99) include:
- Extended Battery Life: One year of battery life on one charge, perfect for high traffic locations or areas that are difficult to reach so you can charge less frequently1
- Integrated Spotlight: Let’s you see what’s lurking in the dark with a bright spotlight to illuminate the area of activity; spotlight can be motion activated or manually turned on
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality
- Built-in Siren: Siren can be triggered automatically or manually from the app
- Color Night Vision: See color even at night thanks to an integrated spotlight
- Full High Definition Camera: Capture clear details in full high definition with the ability to record video in 1080p
- Weather-Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun and can be used indoors or outdoors
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Alerts sent directly to your phone when motion is detected
- 130° Viewing Angle: Keep an eye on more of what matters with a wider field-of-view
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
Each of the Arlo Essential Series wire-free cameras feature an integrated battery and are designed for quick and easy installation or placement nearly anywhere – inside or out, rain or shine. A direct to a WiFi connection enables the Arlo Essential Series wire-free cameras to function as a stand-alone home security solution without the need for a separate SmartHub or Base Station. Users with an existing Arlo security system can however, link their Arlo Essential Series cameras to a compatible Arlo SmartHub (VMB4540, VMB5000) or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4500) to enable local storage recording and enhance camera range and battery life.
The purchase of an Arlo Essential Series wire-free camera unlocks a complimentary three-month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart. Users will receive access to 30-days of rolling 1080p video recordings to store and view video clips. Notification settings can be adjusted, enabling Arlo Smart subscribers to fully customize their experience to spot people, vehicles, animals or packages.2 Arlo Smart’s e911 feature provides access to emergency services local to the camera’s location for quick action in emergency situations.3 Controlled entirely through the Arlo app, users can easily view live streams and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings.
For more information on the full range of Arlo smart home security products and services, visit www.arlo.com.