Minor updates with some decent features for all the operating systems for Apple.
Apple released some software updates for their major operating system platforms – macOS, tvOS, watchOS, and iOS. The details of each update are listed below.
This update includes some long-awaited features like the ability to locate lost AirPods and more ways to use Siri for payments, ride booking and automaker apps. Some additional improvements include:
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings, and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch
- Support for searching ‘parked car’ in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updates shows
- Podcast shoes or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari, and Mail.
The update is available now and will take 614.6 MB of space. For information on the security content of the Apple software updates, visit support.apple.com/HT201222.
While this isn’t a major update, it does include some interesting features like:
- Night Shift
- Adds Siri support for cricket scores, schedules, and player rosters from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Adds Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Improves right-to-left language support for the Touch Bar, toolbar, and visual tab picker in Safari.
- Resolves several PDF rendering and annotation issues in Preview.
- Improves the visibility of the subject line when using Conversation View in Mail.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent content from appearing in Mail messages.
- Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
For more information, visit support.apple.com/en-us/HT207536
We have a few decent updates here with watchOS. Apple has included an update to Siri that allows you to use it with third-party apps. There is a new Theater Mode button so that the screen will be dark in a movie theater.
Other than some bug fixes, the tvOS update really only includes the ability to rent a movie on any Apple device and watch it on another. This was also included in the macOS update.
You should always backup your device before you update.