Amazon Local Register offers business owners a more affordable option for credit card payments.
Online superstore and media mogul amazon.com announced the addition of Amazon Local Register to their list of offerings to users. Local Register includes a secure card reader and mobile app that work together to provide local businesses with easy-to-use tools for accepting credit and debit cards from customers.
“From clothing stores to contractors, food trucks to accountants, businesses and organizations using Amazon Local Register will enjoy industry-leading low rates, trusted and secure payment processing, and access to award-winning customer support,” said Matt Swann, Vice President of Amazon Local Commerce. “We understand that every penny and every minute counts, so we want to make accepting payments so easy and inexpensive that it no longer gets in the way of a business owner doing what they love – serving their customers and growing their business.”
Mobile payment systems have been helping businesses be able to serve their customers with additional payment methods for the past several years. Square was the first to market with PayPal Here closely following it. Both of those services provide businesses with a low percentage rate for accepting swiped card payments, but Amazon Local Register is offering even a lower percentage rate of 1.75% percent per card swipe on all major credit cards until January 1, 2016. This introductory price is for early adopters of the program and available to all users who sign up for Amazon Local Register before October 31, 2014. After that, the regular percentage rate will be 2.5% (flat rate).
Customers can get started with Amazon Local Register with a few easy steps.
- Create an account on localregister.amazon.com.
- Purchase a card reader ($10) from amazon.com with free two-day shipping. The card reader is available for shipping starting today and will be available in Staples stores nationwide starting August 19th.
- Download the free mobile app from the Amazon App Store, Apple App Store or Google Play.
As an added incentive, Amazon is crediting back the first $10 in transaction fees to users so that the entire cost of the card reader is recouped by the user.
Some of the additional features of Amazon Local Register include:
- Exceptional value: Amazon Local Register accepts all major credit and debit cards for a low, flat rate with no hidden fees. Plus, there are no long-term contracts. Customers who register before October 31 will receive a low promotional rate of 1.75 percent per card swipe until January 1, 2016. Customers who sign up after this promotional period will pay a flat rate of 2.5 percent on all swiped transactions.
- Amazon customer support: Access the award-winning, fully dedicated customer support team, available by phone and email. Plus, Kindle Fire HDX owners can take advantage of the Mayday button to connect to an Amazon tech advisor 24 hours a day, 365 days per year – for free.
- Secure and stabilized card reader: A stabilized card reader limits swivel, making it easier to swipe once and go. Plus, each transaction is backed by the same services that securely power Amazon.com purchases.
- Business tracking tools: In-app reporting enables a business to quickly check bottom line performance, sales trends, peak sales times and more. All reporting is easily accessible from a smartphone or tablet and is password-protected.
- Compatible accessories: Shop for compatible accessories including cash drawers, receipt printers, smartphone cases and stands. Find everything needed to build a point-of-sale system including massive selection, available at the best price, all on Amazon.com.
For more information visit, localregister.amazon.com.