Amazon says there is plenty of time for holiday gift shipping.
As of today, there are 9 shopping days left until Christmas and many retailers and shippers are claiming that time is running out to get your gifts to their intended recipients. Online superstore, Amazon, is much more optimistic. For starters, Amazon is offering Free Shipping to customers through Dec. 19. Those gifts ordered by Dec. 19 are promised to arrive prior to Dec. 24. In addition to regular shoppers, Amazon Prime Members get the added benefit of free two-day shipping and low-cost next-day shipping. AND, in 12 major metro areas, customers can choose same-day delivery when ordering as late as 10:00 a.m. on Dec. 24. Below is an outline of Amazon’s Holiday Ordering Deadlines. Don’t forget, Amazon continues to offer some amazing daily deals through amazon.com/todaysdeals.
Holiday Ordering Deadlines
For delivery by Christmas, visit amazon.com/amazonholidayshipping for details. The following ordering deadlines apply:
- Dec. 19: Free Shipping (order as late as 11:59 p.m. EST)
- Dec. 22: Two-Day Shipping (Free with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 23: One-Day Shipping (As low as $2.99 per item with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 24: Same-Day Delivery (order as late as 10:00 a.m. local time; $5.99 per shipment with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 25: Give the gift of Prime or send an Amazon.com Gift Card
For more information on Amazon’s holiday shipping procedures or some gift suggestions for those a bit harder to shop for, visit amazon.com.