Everyone has their ‘must-have’ iOS apps. What are yours?
With more than 3.7 million apps in the App Store, how is someone supposed to know what they should download? As an avid user of the iPhone, I have quite a few that I consider a must-have. These are apps that I download as soon as possible when I upgrade my device. Here are five of my favorite iOS apps that I think everyone should have.
Twitterific is an award-winning Twitter client that provides a clutter-free environment for users to enjoy. Twitterific also allows users to customize their client with different fonts, appearances, image thumbnails, and more using the theme panel. The Muffles features give users the option to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people, and hashtags from the timeline.
1Blocker is a free iOS app that allows users to block obtrusive ads, trackers, and other annoying elements on websites. It’s easy to use – with just a few toggles to switch on – and once it’s set up, you can go about your normal business. 1Blocker is designed to extend Safari naturally. It’s lightweight and doesn’t cost your device a lot of resources. The app provides the filters to Safari and the websites aren’t modified in any way. NOTE: Not all ads can be blocked. Some sites use techniques that make it impossible for 1Blocker to block. 1Blocker is available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
This app helps users save time by expanding short abbreviations into longer phrases. With QuickKey, users can insert expanded text into any app with a single keyboard shortcut.
Some ways you can use QuickKey:
- Quickly send common e-mails
- Set up custom e-mail signatures to insert on demand.
- Quickly respond to e-mails with boilerplate replies.
- Insert snippets of code you use frequently.
Eter Radio is an iOS app used for listening to Internet radio stations. It’s available for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS. The app uses publicly available radio-browser.info database, which contains a collection of free and publicly available Internet radio stations.
Eter Radio offers a list of recommended stations and the ability to search radio-browser.net for other radio stations. The app is free to use, but the program has a one-time purchase payment to unlock some of the features.
Bitwarden is an app used to manage, store, secure, and share unlimited passwords across unlimited devices from anywhere. It’s an open-source password management solution. Some of its features include:
- World-class Encryption: Passwords are protected with advanced end-to-end encryption (AES-256 bit, salted hashtag, and PBKDF2 SHA-256) so your data stays secure and private.
- Built-in Password Generator: Generate strong, unique, and random passwords based on security requirements for every website you frequent.
- Global Translations:
- Bitwarden translations exist in 40 languages and are growing, thanks to our global community.
- Cross-platform Applications: Secure and share sensitive data within your Bitwarden Vault from any browser, mobile device, or desktop OS, and more.
Deciding what iOS apps to download is a personal thing. I have always liked the apps in this list and think others might, too. What are your favorite iOS apps?