Photos can disappear from iPhones for several reasons. If you capture very important moments with your iPhone, you ought to properly take good care of them. This will help you reduce the chances of losing precious moments that are otherwise irrecoverable when lost.
Nonetheless, you can still recover photos that mysteriously disappeared from your iPhone. Whether you lose them in the process of iOS update, during an iPhone reset, or when your storage capacity is full, we have solved this problem, and you will be in a position to recover deleted photos from iPhone. This article will illustrate how to carry out this process in three ways.
Method 1: Restore Photos From Recently Deleted Folder On iPhone
If you accidentally deleted your photos from your iPhone, you can quickly recover them by checking the “Recently Deleted” folder. This is a quick fix to photos deleted from an iPhone within a few minutes before the images are permanently deleted.
To restore images from the “Recently Deleted” folder of your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Click “Photos” and move to “Albums”
- Step 2: Scroll down to the “Utilities,” tap on it and move to “Recently Deleted”
- Step 3: Now search within the folder to locate the photos that disappeared from your iPhone
- Step 4: Once you locate the photos that disappeared from your iPhone, tap “Recover.” If the photos are many, click on “Select” and then “Recover,” and you will restore all your photos to their original locations
Note that all the photos you delete from your iPhone stay in the “Recently Deleted” folder for 30 days only. Afterward, the photos will be permanently deleted or removed from the iOS. Any attempts to recover deleted photos from the iOS or the “Recently Deleted” folder should be immediate and made in less than 30 days. Otherwise, if your photos disappear mysteriously other than by accidental deletion, see the method below to fix the problem.
Method 2: Enable iCloud Photos
iCloud Photos is one of the best and most reliable ways to store photos. Generally, iCloud Photos stores images in the iCloud and synchronizes them to your iPhone, Mac, iCloud.com, etc. As a result, your photos become available across all your devices, and the changes you make to the pictures on the iPhone will also appear on your other iOS devices.
To enable iCloud Photos on iPhone and use it for photo recovery, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone
- Step 2: On the iPhone, navigate to “Settings”
- Step 3: Tap on your name and click on “iCloud” followed by “Photos”
- Step 4: Locate “iCloud Photos”
Once you locate the folder “iCloud Photos,” check if the photos that disappeared from your iPhone are available. If they are available, you can recover them to your iPhone anytime by selecting the right ones and downloading them to your iPhone. However, if the photos are missing from this folder, then your iCloud sync is disabled, and you will not be able to get back the images that disappeared from your iPhone.
In this instance, even if you activate iCloud sync, you will not be able to recover the photos that disappeared earlier. However, you will be in a position to restore lost photos on Mac in the future if they disappear from any of your devices with iCloud Photos sync. See method three below on restoring your photos using photo recovery apps if you can’t get them on iCloud Photos.
Method 3: Recover Lost Photos With An iPhone Data Recovery Software
If methods 1 and 2 cannot help recover your photos from your iPhone, then using photo recovery software is the only other solution to try.
You can use several data recovery software to restore photos from a storage device. Some apps are available recovery software, while others are specific apps that will only recover photos, files, or audio. In this method, we focus on one of the top data recovery software that can recover a range of file formats from an iPhone and other storage devices.
Disk Drill by CleverFiles is a versatile tool with the capacity to recover photos that disappeared from an iPhone and other devices. The most vital advantage of using this software is that it does not remove your existing iPhone data. Besides, it shows you a preview of the recoverable photos from your iPhone. This makes selecting the exact images you need to recover much easier.
To proceed with a data recovery software solution, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Download and install the software
- Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer
- Step 3: Run the software and choose “Recover from iPhone”
- Step 4: Choose the location where the photos disappeared and tap “Next” to initiate scanning
- Step 5: Preview the images that are recoverable and click “Save” to restore them to the computer